Thu, Aug 18|
St. Mary's Hospital
Fundamental Critical Care Support (FCCS)
The FCCS course prepares nonintensivists to manage critically ill patients.
Time & Location
Aug 18, 2022, 8:00 AM PDT – Aug 19, 2022, 5:00 PM PDT
St. Mary's Hospital, 450 Stanyan St, San Francisco, CA 94117, USA
About the Event
This course will be offered in a hybrid format. Day 1 lectures will take place on Zoom and in-person at St. Mary's Hospital. Day 2 skill stations are required in-person at St. Mary's Hospital.
The Fundamental Critical Care Support (FCCS) course provides healthcare professionals, including nonintensivists, with the training to manage critically ill patients for the first 24 hours or until appropriate critical care consultation can be arranged. The course concentrates on adult critical care but also includes separate sections on critical care for pregnancy and pediatrics.
Course discounts are offered for SCCM NorCal members. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for course discount codes.
FCCS provides a relaxed learning experience with access to online, interactive didactic sessions, pre- and posttests, and an accompanying textbook or eBook. This course contains the following modules:
- Recognition and Assessment of the Seriously Ill Patient
- Airway Management
- Cardiopulmonary/Cerebral Resuscitation
- Diagnosis and Management of Acute Respiratory Failure
- Mechanical Ventilation I
- Mechanical Ventilation II
- Monitoring Oxygen Balance and Acid-Base Status
- Diagnosis and Management of Shock
- Neurologic Support
- Basic Trauma and Burn Support
- Acute Coronary Syndromes
- Life-Threatening Infections: Diagnosis and Antimicrobial Therapy Selection
- Management of Life-Threatening Electrolyte and Metabolic Disturbances
- Special Considerations
- Critical Care in Pregnancy
- Ethics in Critical Care Medicine
- Surgery in Critical Care
Up to 16 CME will be provided. Tuition includes a textbook or e-book. Faculty training for this course can be offered to those with appropriate credentials. If you are interested in faculty training, please email us at email@example.com.
SCCM NorCal and the faculty look forward to meeting you there!