Mon, Oct 24|
Kaiser Permanente - Santa Rosa, CA
Registration for ICU Liberation will be open shortly!
Time & Location
Oct 24, 8:00 AM – Oct 25, 5:30 PM
Kaiser Permanente - Santa Rosa, CA, 401 Bicentennial Way, Santa Rosa, CA 95403, USA
About the Event
Get trained in the ICU Liberation Bundle at Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital in sponsorship with the Northern California Chapter of the Society of Critical Care Medicine!
The ICU Liberation Bundle has been shown to improve quality outcomes for critically ill patients after they leave the ICU. It offers targeted strategies focused on managing a patient’s pain and sedation needs, shortening the duration of mechanical ventilation, reducing the prevalence of delirium and coma, implementing early mobility to prevent muscle weakness, and including families as members of the care team.
The two‐day course, developed by The Society of Critical Care Medicine's (SCCM), incorporates recommendations from the pain, agitation/sedation, delirium, immobility, and sleep disruption guidelines and provides implementation strategies through the ICU Liberation Bundle (A-F). Developed by international experts, the ICU Liberation course is designed for the whole ICU team and allows institutions to provide uniform patient management training for their clinicians.
Our course will include a pre-test to assessment your knowledge of the elements of the ICU bundle. This will be followed by the course, which includes morning lectures on ICU liberation by local and national experts:
· Critical Care History: The Building of the ICU Liberation Bundle (A-F)
- Integration of Good Sleep Hygiene
- Post-Intensive Care Syndrome
- A: Assess, Prevent, and Manage Pain*
- B: Both Spontaneous Awakening Trials and Spontaneous Breathing Trials*
- C: Choice of Analgesia and Sedation*
- D: Delirium: Assess, Prevent, and Manage*
- E: Early Mobility and Exercise*
- F: Family Engagement and Empowerment*
In the afternoons, there will be interactive skill stations to demonstrate techniques used in the ICU.
At the end of the course there will be a post test. Continuing education credits will be available and you will receive a certificate of completion from SCCM.
- In-person learning format
- Interactive presentations
- Simulation sessions for realistic training
- Pre- and posttests
- Companion textbook
- Certificate of successful course completion
- Access to additional ICU Liberation initiative resources
- Continuing education credit hours
Student to faculty ratio is 5:1