Pediatric Fundamental Critical Care Support (PFCCS)
Time & Location
About the Event
Pediatric Fundamental Critical Care Support (PFCCS) is a 2-day course created by the Society of Critical Care Medicine (SCCM) to train non-intensivists to recognize critical illness and initiate care for the critically ill pediatric patient. The course is recommended for any healthcare professional who may encounter a critically ill or injured pediatric patient.
Course discounts are offered for SCCM NorCal members and persons in accredited critical care training programs. Email email@example.com for course discount codes.
The format of the course is a presentation of lectures in a virtual format (Zoom) on day #1 and live skills stations on day #2. The live session will be held at John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek, California. The Zoom link will be sent to attendees no later than Monday, September 6, 2021.
The course addresses fundamental management principles for the first 24 hours of post-resuscitation management of the critically ill pediatric patient until transfer or appropriate critical care consultation can be arranged.
21 interactive lectures and skill station include:
· Acute Respiratory Failure and Mechanical Ventilation
· Cardiovascular Evaluation and Pediatric Shock
· Fluids, Electrolytes, and Metabolic Disorders
· Pediatric Neurologic Emergencies
· Postoperative Management
· Sedation, Analgesia, and Neuromuscular Blockade
· Acute Infections
· Abusive Trauma in Children
· Acute Kidney Injury
· Acute Upper and Lower Airway Disease
· Airway Management
· Assessment of the Critically Ill Child
· Critical Care Management of the Child with Congenital Heart Disease
· Management of the Poisoned Child and Adolescent
· Oncologic and Hematologic Emergencies
· Noninvasive and Invasive Mechanical Ventilation
· Pediatric Burn Injury
· Pediatric Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
· Pediatric Emergency Preparedness
· Transport of the Critically Ill Child
· Trauma Injuries in Children
Up to 15 hours of CME/CEU available. Tuition includes a textbook or e-book. Faculty training for this course can be offered to those with appropriate credentials. If you are interested in faculty training, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCCM NorCal and the faculty look forward to meeting you there!
- Tuition$350+$8.75 Service fee$350+$8.75 Service fee0$0